Nancy. The fire in the hood of the Zeugma restaurant in the city center

A fire broke out this Tuesday, June 7, around 6:45 p.m., in the Turkish restaurant-caterer “Zeugma”, rue des Soeurs-Macarons, in Nancy. “We were preparing the evening service when the fire broke out in the restaurant’s extractor hood,” says Ali, the manager. “I attacked the fire with a fire extinguisher, but that was not enough”, continues the restorer, very slightly burned at the level of the face. “My sister alerted the fire department.”

Placed under the command of Lieutenant Cyril Bize, around twenty firefighters managed to circumscribe the disaster with the help of a lance. The emergency services also sprayed the roof and thus avoided the risk of spreading to apartment buildings. No injuries are reported.

At 7:45 p.m., while the street was still closed to traffic, operations continued with, in particular, reconnaissance under breathing apparatus to ensure that there were no hot spots in the duct.

The services of Enédis were also on the scene. The national police carried out the findings, reinforced by the municipal authorities, which ensured the security perimeter in this very busy street at dinner time with, among other things, a significant coming and going of delivery men on bicycles.

Leave a Comment