Oh, the zucchini! It’s probably the most popular summer vegetable that we love to prepare in so many different ways. Light, healthy and delicious, this star food fits perfectly into many diets to pamper our silhouettes. Needless to mention its health benefits. So, don’t wait any longer and discover our 5 gourmet suggestions for easy-to-prepare zucchini recipes this summer!
Easy zucchini recipes: a zucchini terrine with Gruyère as a light starter
Need a starter idea to prepare the day before to impress your guests? We recommend that you opt for our quick and easy zucchini terrine with Gruyère cheese recipe – a light and refreshing starter loved by young and old alike! Here are the ingredients needed:
- 800g unpeeled zucchini
- 150 g of Gruyere cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon powdered green barley
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 100g instant semolina
First, heat the oven to 200°C. Use a coarse-mesh grater to grate the zucchini and Gruyère cheese. Then transfer to a large bowl. Add the eggs, oregano, powdered barley, salt, pepper and semolina. Mix well and leave aside for 30 minutes.
Then, oil two aluminum molds and divide the preparation between them. Put the containers in a large metal baking tray and fill the molds halfway with water. Bake for one hour and 30 minutes. Finally, remove the zucchini terrine from the oven and let cool completely before slicing. Serve cold with slices of bread.
Zucchini clafoutis with goat cheese ready in two steps and three movements
Ingredients to get:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 200g goat cheese
- 50g flour
- 200ml milk
- 1 pinch of Provencal herbs
- Salt and pepper
Cut the zucchini into thin slices and fry them in a pan with olive oil for about 10 minutes. Next, combine the eggs and goat cheese in a large bowl. Add the flour and stir well. Add the milk and the cooked zucchini. Salt, pepper and sprinkle with Provencal herbs. Finally, pour the dough into a buttered mold and bake for 35 minutes at 200°C.
Delicious light zucchini flan idea
Our quick and easy zucchini recipe ideas continue with a proposal that you could not resist: a light flan to prepare without the fuss. Don’t wait any longer and get the following ingredients:
- 2 large courgettes (about 400g), coarsely grated
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (150 g) self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup (20 g) grated parmesan
- 1 cup (80 g) grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly oil a tart pan with a removable bottom (preferably 24 cm in diameter).
- Next, combine the zucchini with the carrot, eggs and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Sift the flour over the vegetable mixture and stir to combine well. Then, stir in the parmesan and cheddar. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the batter into the mold and cover with onion rings. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Easy cookeo zucchini recipes: creamy risotto to delight the family
The following cookeo zucchini recipe will allow you to delight the whole family in less than 30 minutes! And here are the ingredients needed for 4 servings:
- 300 g of rice
- 400g zucchini
- A cube of vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 80ml white wine
- 1-2 shallots
Peel and slice the shallots, cut the washed courgettes into rings. Next, add a little olive oil to the Cookeo bowl, followed by the shallots and rice. Set unit to browning mode and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add zucchini, broth, wine, salt, pepper, as well as about 450-500 ml of water and set for 15 minutes. When the risotto is ready, add the parmesan and mix well.
Colorful zucchini tian recipe that will delight your taste buds
Our quick and easy zucchini recipe ideas end with a colorful tian perfect for summer! Get the following ingredients and roll up your sleeves:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 onions, halved and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 450g zucchini, sliced
- 450g yellow squash, sliced
- 450g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
Attention : Know that it is essential to cut the vegetables into slices 3 cm thick in order to make a success of this dish specific to French cuisine.
Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat to 200°C. Then oil a baking dish and set aside. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook for 12 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds. Spread the mixture in the bottom of the prepared dish.
On top of the onions, alternate zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes in a single layer of 4 tight-fitting rows. Sprinkle with thyme, drizzle with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Finally, remove the foil, sprinkle with Gruyère and continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes.